AIGA believes design can enable social justice.
In response to recent tragedies, AIGA National is hosting a virtual Town Hall to start a cross-chapter dialogue on social injustices and the roll that we as designers can play in effecting change. You can learn more and join the livestream from home by visiting the event page.
The AIGA Boston chapter will be meeting in person to watch the livestream. If you would like to connect and discuss with our local chapter, please join us at WeWork Fort Point on Tuesday, July 26 at 8:00 pm. We’ll use this time to share thoughts before the livestream at 8:30. Please email email@example.com by Monday at 5 p.m. if you’re planning to attend in person.
Objectives for the meeting are:
- Create a safe space to share truths, feelings, responses
- Raise awareness on the patterns of inequality and bias that the recent shootings represent (and AIGA’s collective stance against it)
- Make a place for questions to be asked and answered by experts and AIGA on AIGA’s involvement in social justice issues on the chapter and broader levels
- Make a place for ideas on collectively countering or solving social justice issues by assessing what’s working and what’s needed; who’s hungry to get involved, etc
- Build leadership capability: Show how social activism and business/professional activism are connected and how one domain supports the other as we all build design leadership capability.
- Connect as a local community
51 Melcher Street, Boston MA 02210. 8:30 p.m. ET